Giving Tuesday is the most generous day of the year! Please consider The Conservancy Initiative as you decide where you donate.
We have had many successes this year.
- We launched The Odor Report, which resulted in nearly 2,000 odor complaints for Arbor Hills Landfill in Washtenaw County.
- We stopped Advanced Disposal’s expansion for another year.
- Our continued pressure and diligence brought several violations from the Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality and yet another investigation by the EPA.
- We educated the Michigan League of Conservation Voters about our situation. We convinced them to advocate on our behalf to change solid waste laws in Michigan.
We have done so much. But there is SO much yet to do!
- We want to hire a lobbying firm to advocate for us in Lansing. Advanced Disposal has a team of lobbyists attempting to convince legislators they need a new landfill.
- We want to hire a lawyer to privately enforce violations the MDEQ doesn’t have the inclination or ability to enforce.
- We want to start a campaign to educate Washtenaw County residents. Most of them have no idea their county hosts a landfill is horribly mismanaged and hurting families.
- We want to test the water of residents and schools near the landfill.
- We want to launch programs to reduce solid waste.
The Conservancy Initiative, also known as Stop Arbor Hills, has no employees. We are a volunteer-run organization. We get no grants. We completely rely on you, our generous supporters.
Thank you for considering us as you plan your year-end giving.